Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm on the list

So, today was really, really weird.

First, a little back story. I've been directing at work for about a year. (I work at a television station) I've also been the back up asst. director for about a year and a half. When an asst. director job opened up, I thought I was a shoe in. When two director's jobs opened up, I thought I was a shoe in. Not so much. Got passed up for all 3 positions for one reason or another.

Anyway. We have mandatory meetings 4 times a year. First day of sweeps (or periods in the year where the ratings are taken) is always interesting because these meetings are at 12:30 which means more like 1:15. That may sound fine to you but our producers get up around 10pm at night, I get up around 3am and I'm usually off by 9:30-10am and asleep by noon so trying to stay awake is pretty interesting.

At said meetings they give out these awards for... excellence i suppose. Today, I got one. I'm the only part timer to get one so far.

I'm not the type of guy that needs awards and such but it's nice to know someone is paying attention. And good god was it terrifying standing up in front of EVERYONE that works at my station. Jesus

No comments: